Apply for a dropped kerb

You can ask us to drop the kerb in front of your driveway to allow access to your property.

You may need planning permission for a dropped kerb if:

  • your driveway is on a main road or in a conservation area
  • you are creating a new driveway by resurfacing a garden
Please do not make an application for a dropped kerb until you have gained the necessary planning permission.

How much

The initial site inspection costs £50. If we approve your application, this £50 will go towards the cost of carrying out the work.

If your application is refused, you decide to use your own contractor or do not to go ahead with the job we cannot refund the £50 inspection fee.

If we approve your application, we will send you a quote for the full cost of the work within 21 working days.

How to apply

Please contact us for more information or to arrange an inspection.

What happens next?

If we approve your application after inspection, we will send you a quote for the cost of the work within 21 working days.

This quote will include the cost of an H mark across the dropped kerb to stop vehicles blocking your driveway.

If you accept the quotation, you will need to pay for the work in full before we start. We will start the job within 21 days of receipt of the payment.

If you decide to arrange for your own contractor to carry out the work, they will need to complete a Section 50 street works application and apply for an 'H' bar marking.