Blue Badge appeals
How to appeal
If we refuse your application for a Blue Badge you have the right to appeal the decision.
Please write to the Head of Parking Services at the address below and ask him to a review the decision, clearly stating your reasons.
Head of Parking Services
Liverpool City Council
You can offer further evidence of your worsening health condition from a health care professional in your letter. This evidence should be based on the qualifying criteria set out by the Department for Transport.
What happens next?
We normally contact you with our decision within one month of your request, but it may take longer if we need to request further evidence.
If we decide not to award a Blue Badge we will write to you with a full explanation. This decision is final and you cannot reapply for a Blue Badge for another six months unless:
- there is a significant deterioration to your medical condition which affects your mobility
- you subsequently receive the Higher Rate Mobility Component of your Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.
- you are prescribed new medication related to your mobility
Under Department for Transport regulations, a Blue Badge may be refused if:
- You hold or have held a Blue Badge and misuse of it has led to at least one relevant conviction.
- You fail to provide us with adequate evidence of your eligibility, either as an individual or organisation.
- You fail to pay the fee.
- We believe you are not the applicant.
- We believe the applicant would permit use of the Blue Badge by another person.