Notice of cancellation of building works by person carrying out works

If a private approved inspector can no longer carry out their building control function for your works, they will normally cancel the initial notice submitted to us.

However, if the private approved inspector is unable or unwilling to submit the notice, the person carrying out the works (contractor or homeowner) can complete a cancellation notice online.

Before you start

You'll need to give a brief description and location of works and the name and email address of the private approved inspector so they can also receive a copy of the cancellation notice.

Submit notice of cancellation (form 7)

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

What happens next?

When we receive the notice we will check it is valid and update the initial notices register.

You will then need to submit a building control reversion application so that the works can revert back to the council's building control team.