Notification of regulation 29 and 38 - Energy performance and fire safety certificates

If a new dwelling has been built, an existing building has been converted into fewer units or changes have been made to the heating, hot water provision or air conditioning/ventilation services, the person responsible for the works must obtain an Energy Performance Certificate from an accredited person and give this to the owner.  The person responsible for the work must inform the council’s building control that this has been done.

If the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 applies to a building that has been erected, extended or undergone a change of material use, a package of fire safety information must be given to the ‘responsible person’ for the premises.  The contractor must then notify building control that this has been done. 

If we don’t receive your declaration, we cannot issue the final completion certificate even if all other scheduled works have been completed.

You can notify us:


Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Submit regulation 29 or 38 declaration

By post

Download, complete and return the declaration forms: