Plan making in Liverpool
Local Plan Examination
Liverpool City Council submitted the Submission Draft Liverpool Local Plan for independent examination in May 2018.
The submitted documents include the following:
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft May 2018
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft Policies Map and City Centre Inset Policies Map May 2018
- Liverpool Local Plan – Submission Draft Sustainability Appraisal Report (including Technical Appendices and Non-Technical Summary) including Strategic Environmental Assessment and incorporating Equalities Impact Assessment and Health Impact assessment
- Infrastructure Delivery Programme 2018
- Regulation 22 Statement Of Consultation
- Copies of ‘duly made’ representations received following publication of the Pre-Submission Liverpool Local Plan (Regulation 20), and
- Other supporting documents and information relevant to the preparation of the Local Plan.
In December 2018 the independent Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State sent a list of initial detailed comments and questions to the City Council.
The City Council responded in September 2019 and in May 2020 the inspector issued his matters and issues questions. The council and all participants responded by 13th July 2020.
Independent Examination Hearing
The independent examiner, David Spencer BA (Hon) DipTp MRTPI, held a number of public hearing sessions on Tuesday 13th October 2020.
They took place virtually via Microsoft Teams and you can view the sessions below.
- Read the privacy notice for Teams Hosted Local Plan Examination.
- Download the formal notice of the commencement of hearings.
For further details visit the Programme Officer's website, details below.
Public hearing sessions
Tuesday 13th October 2020
- Matter 1: Legal Compliance
- Matter 2: Spatial Strategy and Matter 4 (Issue 1): Overarching approach to the Green Belt
Wednesday 14th October 2020
- Matter 5: Employment
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport (AM session)
- Liverpool John Lennon Airport (PM session)
Thursday 15th October 2020
- Matter 3: Housing Need (Issue 1 and 2 - AM session)
- Matter 3: Housing Need (Issue 1 and 2 - PM session)
- Matter 8: Viability (Issue 4)
Friday 16th October 2020
- Matter 5 (Issue 4, Policy EC8) and Matter 6 (Site H19): Ports of Liverpool and Garston
- Matter 9: Urban Design Heritage
Tuesday 20th October 2020
- Matter 4 (Issue 3): Green Infrastructure and Open Spaces
- Matter 4 (Issues 2 and 4): Green Infrastructure and Open Spaces
- Matter 5: City Centre - Knowledge Quarter CC3
Wednesday 21st October 2020
Thursday 22nd October 2020
- Matter 8: Infrastructure, Environmental Resources and Monitoring
- City Centre, Main Office Area, Pall Mall and Pumpfields
- Matter 7: City Centre and Retail
Friday 23rd October 2020
Helen Wilson is the Programme Officer for the Examination, she is an impartial officer of the Examination and works under the direction of the Inspector.
The Programme Officer publishes documentation and other details about the Local Plan Examination, including the Examination Documents list.
More documents and details will be posted as they are produced.
To enquire about the examination, please contact Helen using the details on the Programme Officer's website.