Listed buildings consent

In addition to planning permission, you will need to apply for Listed Building Consent if your house is a listed building. 

Listed Building Consent is needed to alter, extend or demolish a listed building and other structures and buildings within the grounds of the listed building. 

It also includes works to the interior of a building.  It is a criminal offence to carry out works to listed buildings without consent. 

Is my property listed?

Enter a postcode of a Liverpool building or address to see if it's listed:


For a full list of listed buildings in Liverpool and information on other heritage assets, please visit our heritage assets page.

Apply for consent

Please use our Listed Building Consent application form.