Service level privacy notices
Access Liverpool privacy notice
Who is the Data Controller for the information I provide?
Liverpool City Council.
Why we collect your data
Providing your information allows you to sign up to Access Liverpool Register. Your information will be used to make sure that your application is dealt with properly and that your application is banded appropriately based on your needs.
What is the legal basis for collecting and processing this data?
We are required to collect data to fulfil our legal obligations and official public tasks as a public authority, provided for within Articles 6 and 9 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and to deal effectively with your query.
Information we may collect
We will collect data about the following:
- Your name, age and contact details.
- Your household.
- Your present home.
- Your ability to manage within your current home.
- Details of current and previous tenancies.
- Criminal convictions.
- Information about adaptations within your current home.
- Information about applications to other housing waiting lists
- Details of your GP, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker.
- Information about needs of disabled person in the household.
- Medical evidence of disabled persons health conditions.
- Your future housing requirements and preferences.
- Your reasons for wanting to move.
- Equalities information in relation to the protected characteristics.
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
This information is required to ensure that you are suitably rehoused through the ACCESS Liverpool register. If this information is not provided, we will be unable to process your application.
Who will your information be shared with?
Your information may be shared with housing providers to whom Liverpool City Council nominates applicants for suitably adapted properties.
Your information may also be shared with:
- Those investigating criminal activity, for fraud prevention and the pursuance of debtors.
- Occupational therapists to ensure that you are suitably rehoused.
How long will you keep this information for and why?
Your data will be kept for a minimum of six years from closure of your application. It will be needed should there be any claims or audits after your application is closed.
Please see What we do with your data for the council's full retention schedule.
How will my information be stored?
Your information will be stored on a secure, password protected database.
Your documents, including your application form and supporting evidence are scanned and stored in a secure folder on Liverpool City Council's network. Original documents are disposed of through confidential waste.
Will this information be used to make automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
You have a number of rights that are set out on the How to access your data page of this section.
Where can I get advice?
View our Help and advice page for more information.