Service level privacy notices
LCR Care Grant Scheme privacy notice
Who is the Data Controller for the information I provide?
Liverpool City Council.
Why we collect your data
Providing your information allows you to apply for a grant. Your information will be used to make sure that your application is dealt with properly and that your application is processed appropriately.
What is the legal basis for collecting and processing this data?
We are required to collect data to fulfil our legal obligations and official public tasks as a public authority in accordance with Article 6 (1) (e) UK General Data Protection Regulation (‘UK GDPR’) ‘processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.’
In this case, the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has delegated powers to local authorities to distribute financial support to organisations facing additional challenges during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Information we may collect
The data we need is as follows. We will not ask for any special category personal data.
- Your name and position in organisation
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- The name, address and type of your business, including registration numbers where relevant
- Your business bank account details
- Your personal bank account if you use your personal bank account to operate your business as a sole trader
- Your date of birth if you are a sole trader
The council requires this information in order to assess your application so that we can:
- ensure the business is eligible for financial support
- confirm account validity
- confirm your identity
- make payments of the awards
- send reports to Government departments
- detect and prevent fraud and error
- make sure public money is used correctly
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
If you are not able to provide some or all of the information, we may not be able to process your application for the LCR Care Grant scheme.
Who will your information be shared with?
- Government departments, and other public bodies e.g. the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority, HMRC, Department for Work and Pensions, Home Office, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government.
- Other Council teams so they can carry out their statutory roles and support our service e.g. business rates, environmental services, legal services and housing teams.
How long will you keep this information for and why?
Personal data will not be held for longer than is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are collected. The LCR Grant Scheme wil retain successful applicant's data for 7 years. Data of applicants who have not been successful will be retained for 12 months for audit purposes.
Please see What we do with your data for the council's full retention schedule.
How will my information be stored?
Data is stored in council IT systems. The council takes data control seriously and has internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
Will this information be used to make automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
You have a number of rights that are set out on the How to access your data page of this section.
Where can I get advice?
View our Help and advice page for more information.