Service level privacy notices
Small business cash grant and retail, hospitality and leisure privacy notice
Who is the Data Controller for the information I provide?
Liverpool City Council (LCC)is the data controller for the information provided in relation to these grant schemes.
Why we collect your data
We collect this information so that we can:
- confirm the entitlement of a business for a Small Business Grant and/or Retail or Hospitality & Leisure Support Grant
- collect the information required by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government.
- make payment of those grants awarded
- send statistical returns to and other required information to government departments
- prevent and detect fraud and error
- ensure that public funds are correctly spent
What is the legal basis for collecting and processing this data?
LCC will be processing personal data to administer and award discretionary grant according to the following lawful basis:
- Article 6 (1) (e) GDPR ‘processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.’
- Article 9 (2) (b) GDPR provides MHCLG with the lawful basis for processing ‘special category (sensitive) data: ‘processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as it is authorised by Union or Member State law or a collective agreement pursuant to the Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject.’
- Article 9(2)(g) GDPR “processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on the basis of Union or Member State law which shall be proportionate to the aim pursued, respect the essence of the right to data protection and provide suitable and specific measures to safeguard the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject.'
Information we may collect
The categories of information being processed include:
- business name, trading premises, nature of business and contact details
- business rate account number
- business financial information such as bank account information and VAT number, if applicable
- evidence of State Aid compliance
Do I have to provide this information and what will happen if I don’t?
If you are not able to provide some or all of the information we may not be able to assess your entitlement for a grant award.
Who is your data shared with?
To fulfil our duty to assess entitlement to Business Support Grants we may share your information with other parties. These will include:
- Other LCC service areas who are supporting businesses under the different government business support grant schemes
- Government departments such as the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and the Ministry for Housing, Communities and Local Government
We may also legitimately share information with the Police, law enforcement, tax authorities or other government and fraud prevention agencies as requested if they are using it to perform public functions, or they are fulfilling a legislated obligation.
How will my information be stored?
Data that we collect is stored in securely in our computer databases. Access to these databases will be restricted to those who are entitled to view and process your data.
How long will you keep this information for?
We will only keep your information for as long as is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected.
Will this information be used to make automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad and why?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
The law gives you a number of rights that relate to how your personal information is used by us. For further details see How to access your data.
Where can I get advice?
See our Help and advice page for more information.