Professionals: Benefits referrals
Liverpool Citizens Support Scheme - partners
How do I apply on behalf of my client?
Please note we are only accepting applications from approved partners. If you wish to become an approved partner please contact us on Freephone 0800 456 1523 or 0151 233 3053. 0800 numbers are free of charge from landlines and mobiles.
Apply on behalf of your client/constituent online
If you are applying on a client's behalf you can apply using the link above. You should have the following information to hand:
- Applicants details: name/address/date of birth/national insurance number/contact details.
- Household details including people in the home and property details.
- Financial information including income, capital and details of any expenses or debts.
- Any other relevant information such as health issues or details of leaving care.
- Reasons why the applicant is applying and what the applicant is requesting i.e. immediate financial assistance or an item to help them remain or set up a home in the community.
- Your organisations pass code.
Claimants can apply directly Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm by calling:
- Freephone 0800 456 1523 or
- 0151 233 3053.
Please note 0800 numbers are free of charge from landlines and mobiles.
How long will it take?
Whenever possible, decisions on Urgent Need Awards will be made within two working days and within 10 days for a Home Needs Award. Sometimes we will need to ask for more information and this may delay a decision.
How will the award be paid?
Urgent Need Awards will usually be paid in the form of a voucher sent by either email to your clients/constituents email account or by a message to their mobile. Vouchers can be cashed in one of the many Paypoint shops throughout the city.
Home Needs Awards will usually be in the form of essential furniture and domestic appliances provided by a local supplier.
If my client/constituent is unhappy with the decision what can they do?
They can ask for the decision to be reviewed. Details of how to do this will be included in their decision letter.