Professionals: Children's social care referrals

Make a Pre-EHAT referral

If you are a member of an approved agency and think a family needs Early Help support, you can use our Pre-EHAT referral form. Once you have submitted the form, we will assign a lead professional to complete an EHAT on your behalf.

Who can submit a Pre-EHAT?

Approved agencies who can use this form include:

  • GPs
  • North West Ambulance Service
  • Adult mental health practitioners

If you are a childcare professional, you must not use this form – you are expected to use the EHAT referral process.

How to submit a Pre-EHAT

Before you complete the Pre-EHAT form, you must gain consent from the family for an Early Help Assessment referral.

Please complete the form with as much evidence of your concerns for the child or young person that you can give.

Submit a Pre-EHAT referral online now

What happens next?

Your form will be reviewed by the EHAT Support Team and forwarded to the North, Central or South area Consultant Social Worker who will contact the family.

We will also email you with the referral reference number and keep you updated on its progress.

Further information

If you need any help with the Pre-EHAT process or want to know more about the progress on the referral you made, please email the EHAT Support Team for the area the family you referred live, and quote the referral reference number where possible.

EHLH Central Support Team 

Covers Kirkdale, Anfield, Everton, Tuebrook and Stoneycroft, Central Picton, Riverside, Princes Park, Kensington and Fairfield.

EHLH South Support Team

Covers St Michael’s, Cressington, Greenbank, Allerton and Hunts Cross, Wavertree, Woolton, Childwall Belle Vale, Mossley Hill, Speke-Garston, Church.

EHLH North Support Team

Covers Fazakerley, Warbreck, County, Clubmoor, Norris Green, Croxteth, West Derby Yew Tree, Knotty Ash and Old Swan.