Learning during the coronavirus outbreak
Adult Learning Service classroom learning is no longer available. However, we are still open for learning and have moved to online and flexible learning options.
External examinations will not take place – schools and colleges have been asked to provide grades for students based on the full range of evidence available in line with Ofqual guidance.
If you have any questions about exams, you can call our exams officer on 07714 638838 between the hours of 10am-4pm Monday to Friday.
GCSE and Functional Skills exams
The exams officer will contact you about your details and check the spelling of your name.
Your tutor will be looking at your assessment scores, class work and attendance to decide your grades. It will be the end of May before these ‘grades’ are sent to Ofqual for results of the ‘exam’. We do not have the results date from Ofqual yet.
If you have any questions about exams, you can call our exams officer on 07714 638838 between the hours of 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
Maths, English, IT and ESOL exams
We do not know how these results are going to be decided yet. Once we know more we will update this page.
Help and support with online learning
You can call the numbers below if you have any questions.
Call: 0151 233 2430 or 0151 233 1809 - we are open 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
Or use our online contact us form.
Want to join a course?
Lots of our courses ask for an initial assessment to make sure that you are invited onto the correct course. To put your name on the list for an initial assessment please call us on 0151 233 2568 - we are open 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday.
Online job club support
During the coronavirus outbreak job club advisers can be contacted by email Monday to Friday 10am-4pm.
Guidance for learners
- Pre-entry learners will receive learning packs that will be delivered to you by post
- Learner activities for Entry 2 to Level 2: ESOL and English
- Learner activities for Entry 2 to Level 2: Maths and Digital
- For Edmodo users - your learning can be found in your tutor group
How to guides
Your safety - get help and advice
We're here to support all our students during the coronavirus outbreak and want to help safeguard them from harm and abuse.
If you are concerned about your safety or the safety of others at this difficult time, you can:
- speak to your tutor
- call a member of ALS safeguarding staff in confidence on 0151 233 2430 or 0151 233 1809 between the hours of 10am-4pm, Monday to Friday
- contact Careline on 0151 233 3800 if you are an adult, or on 0151 233 3700 if you are a child or young person