Find a children's centre
'Our Kenny' community celebration event - Thursday 20th June, 11am-2pm
Join us to celebrate our neighbourhood at Lifebank Centre, 23 Quorn Street, L7 2QR and enjoy music, art, children's activities and refugee stories.
Activity timetable for Kensington
You can download this timetable as a pdf.
|Monday||9.30-11am||Health Visitor Weighing Clinic||Kensington CC||This session is on a first come first served basis and ends promptly at 11.00am||Drop in|
|Monday||9.30-11.30am||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Kensington CC||For asylum/refugee families. Basic English language run by Adult Learning Service. Limited creche places available.||Call 0151 233 2400 for more information|
|Monday||1-3pm||Love to Cook||Kensington CC||6 week course starting 29th April. Level 1 accredited course focusing on healthy eating and family cookery. Limited creche places available.||Book|
|Monday||1.30-2.30pm||Baby Massage||Kensington CC||5 week course starting 13th June. Massage oils provided - just bring a towel.||Book|
|Tuesday||10-10.45am||Early Communication Group||Kensington CC||6 week course starting 30th April. Helps with development of speech and language. Places by invitation only by SEN worker.||Invitation only|
|Tuesday||11.30am-12.15||Time to Sign||Kensington CC||Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||1.30-2.30pm||Magical Storytime||Kensington CC||Explore stories and crafts to help support your child to learn and develop.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Kensington CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family. Run in partnership with Granby Toxteth Development Trust.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||9.30-11.30am||ESOL class||Kensington CC||Accredited course run by Adult Learning Services. Basic English language for adults.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||9.30-11.30am||Health and Wellbeing Course||Kensington CC||6 week course starting 24th April. Run by Granby Toxteth Development Trust. Limited crèche places available.||Book|
|Wednesday||10.30-11.30am||Stay and Play||Kensington CC||Fun activities for babies aged 0-4 years.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||12-1pm||Healthy Lunch||Kensington CC||Come along and enjoy a free healthy lunch for all the family.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||2-2.45pm||Chatterbox||Kensington CC||6 week course starting 6th June. Helps with development of speech and language. Places by invitation only by SEN worker.||Invitation only|
|Wednesday||1.30-2.15pm||Rhythm and Rhyme||Kensington CC||Musical session for children aged 0-4 years.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Kensington CC||For asylum/refugee families. Basic English language skills for adults run by Adult Learning Service. Limited creche places available.||Call 0151 233 2400 for more information|
|Thursday||9.30am-12.30am||Maths and English||Kensington CC||Accredited course run by Blackburne House.||Book|
|Thursday||9.30am-2pm||Housing Support Clinic||Kensington CC||Run by Whitechapel Centre.||Drop in|
|Thursday||12.45-2pm||Nurture Course||Kensington CC||10 week course starting 9th May. Accredited parenting course to help families develop stronger relationships. Limited crèche places available.||Book|
|Thursday||1.30-2.30pm||Breastfeeding Support Group||Kensington CC||Support around breastfeeding issues. Come and meet other mums.||Drop in|
|Thursday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Kensington CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family. Run in partnership with Granby Toxteth Development Trust.||Drop in|
|Friday||On Fridays our friendly outreach staff will be out and about in the community providing information, advice and support to families in the local area.|
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice - Drop into the centre, staff are always available.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops - You can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at Tots Health on Mondays. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Households into Work - Run by Liverpool in Work. Access is by referral via one of our staff team. This is a 12-month programme providing support for unemployed members of a household, helping you to tackle any barriers which may be preventing you from accessing work or training.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - If you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - If you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Irene.
- Volunteering Opportunities - We can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please contact Lisa.
- Ways to Work – ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please contact Suzi.