Find a children's centre
Activity timetable for Kensington
You can download this timetable as a pdf.
|Monday||9.30am-11am||Health Visitor Weighing Clinic||Kensington CC||This session is on a first come first served basis and ends promptly at 11.00am||Drop in|
|Monday||9.30am-11.30am||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Kensington CC||For asylum/refugee families. Basic English language run by Adult Learning Service. Assessment 17th September. Limited creche places available.||Drop in|
|Monday||1-3pm||Safety in the Home||Kensington CC||5 week course starting 29th October. Limited creche places available.||Book|
|Monday||1-3pm||Your Child and You||Kensington CC||6 week parenting course starting 29th October. Limited creche places available.||Book|
|Monday||1.30-2.30pm||Baby Massage||Kensington CC||5 week course starting 17th September. Massage oils provided - just bring a towel.||Book.|
|Tuesday||10-10.45am||Early Communication Group||Kensington CC||6 week pre-chatterbox course. Helps with development of speech and language. Places by invitation only by SEN worker. Starts 11th September.||Invitation only|
|Tuesday||11.30am-12.15||Time to Sign||Kensington CC||Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||1.30-2.30pm||Magical Storytime||Kensington CC||Explore stories and crafts to help support your child to learn and develop. For children aged 2-4 years. Starts 18th September.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||3.30-5pm||Play and Eat||Kensington CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family. Run in partnership with Granby Toxteth Development Trust. Starts 18th September.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||9.30-11.30am||ESOL class||Kensington CC||Accredited course run by Adult Learning Services. Basic English language for adults. Assessment day 12th September.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||10-11am||Baby Play and Learn||Kensington CC||Fun activities for babies aged 0-12 months. Starts 19th September.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||12-1pm||Healthy Lunch||Kensington CC||Come along and enjoy a free healthy lunch for all the family.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||1.30-2.30pm||Movers and Groovers||Kensington CC||Music and movement session. Starts 19th September.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Kensington CC||For asylum/refugee families.Basic English language skills for adults run by Adult Learning Service. Limited creche places available. Starts 20th September.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30am-12.30am||Maths and English||Kensington CC||Accredited course run by Blackburne House. Starts 20th September.||Book|
|Thursday||9.30am-2pm||Housing Support Clinic||Kensington CC||Run by Whitechapel Centre||Drop in|
|Thursday||1.15-2pm||Early Communication Group||Kensington CC||A 6 week pre-chatterbox session. Helps with the development of speech and language. Places by invitation only from SEN worker. Starts 1st November.||Invitation only|
|Thursday||3.30-5pm||Play and Eat||Kensington CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family. Run in partnership with Granby Toxteth Development Trust. Starts 20th September.||Drop in|
|Friday||9.30am-11.30am||Time for Change||Kensington CC||6 week confidence building course for women. Run by Blackburne House. Limited creche places available. Starts 14th September.||Book|
|Friday||9.30am-11.30am||Employability||Kensington CC||6 week course run by Blackburne House. Limited creche places available. Starts 2nd November.||Book|
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice – Drop into the centre, staff are always available.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops – You can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at Tots Health on Mondays. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Households into Work - Run by Liverpool in Work. Access is by referral via one of our staff team. This is a 12 month programme providing support for unemployed members of a household, helping you to tackle any barriers which may be preventing you from accessing work or training.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - If you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities – If you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Gail/Irene.
- Volunteering Opportunities – We can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please contact Lisa.
- Ways to Work – ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please contact Alisha, Toyah or Anne.