Find a children's centre
Half term activities at Picton Children's Centre
Half term programme at Picton Children's Centre from Tuesday 29th May to Friday 1st June. Find out more
Activity timetable for Picton
|Day||Time||Activity||Location||Details||Book or drop in|
|Monday||9.30am-11am||Arts and Crafts||Picton CC||Six-week course run by Granby Toxteth Development Trust. Limited creche places are available. Starts 9th April.||Book|
|Monday||9.30am-11.30am||Health and Wellbeing Taster Course||Picton CC||Six-week course run by Granby Toxteth Development Trust. Starts 11th June.||Book|
|Monday||1-1.45pm||Rhythm and Rhyme||Picton CC||Musical session for babies and children 0-4 years.||Drop in|
|Monday||2.15-3pm||Sharing Books with Babies||Picton CC||Join our Bookstart coordinator for some fun activities and book sharing tips.||Drop in|
|Monday||4.30-6pm||Dads' Club||Picton CC||For Dads and male carers and their children. Sessions on 16th April, 15th May and 19th June.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||9.30am-11.00am||Support into Work||Picton CC||Monthly drop in to help you return to work or training. Sessions on 10th April, 8th May and 5th June.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||10-11.30am||Baby Massage||Picton CC||Six-week accredited course. Massage oils are provided, just bring babies towel. Starts 12th June.||Book|
|Tuesday||10-11am||Movers and Groovers||St Hugh's School Hall||Movement session.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||1-2pm||First Tastes Weaning Session||Picton CC||A practical session with lots of useful tips about how to successfully wean your baby. 10th April, 8th May and 5th June.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||2.30-4pm||BAMBIs Infant Feeding Session||Picton CC||Get lots of helpful information regarding feeding your baby. 17th April, 15th May, 19th June.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||9.30am-10.30am||Magical Storytime||Picton CC||Explore stories and crafts to help support your child to learn and develop. For children aged 2-4 years.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||9.30-11.30am||Functional Skills with Language Support||Picton CC||Functional skills for parents who have completed basic ESOL. Contact Granby Adult Learning on 233 2400 for information, start dates and booking.||Book|
|Wednesday||11-11.45am||Baby Massage||Picton CC||Six-week course. Massage oils are provided, just bring babies towel. Starts 18th April.||Book|
|Wednesday||1-1.45pm||Early Communications Group||Picton CC||Pre-Chatterbox session. Helps with development of speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by SEN Worker.||By appointment|
|Wednesday||1.30-3pm||Parent and Toddler Group||St Dunstan's Church||Drop in|
|=Wednesday=||3.30-4.30pm||Messy Monsters||Picton CC||Arts and crafts for children over 3 years.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||Health Visitor Weighing Clinic||Picton CC||This session is on a first come first served basis. Ends promptly at 11.30am.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||ESOL Class||Picton CC||Run by Adult Learning Service. Basic English language for adults. A pre-course assessment will be required. Contact Granby Adult Learning on 233 2400 for information, start dates and booking. Starts in April.||Book|
|Thursday||1-5pm||Households into Work||Picton CC||Run by Liverpool into Work. Access is by referral via one of our staff team. This is a 12-month programme providing support for unemployed members of a household, helping them to tackle any barriers which may be preventing them for accessing work or training.||By referral appointment only|
|Friday||9.30am-11.30am||Change It||Picton CC||Eight-week course. Run by the Women’s Organisation. Supporting women in Liverpool by developing confidence and raising aspirations. Limited crèche places available. Starts 20th April.||Book|
|Friday||9.30am-11.30am||Basic IT||Picton CC||Run by Everton Development Trust. Learn how to use the internet and set up an email account. Must have a National Insurance number and be over 20 years of age. Limited crèche places available.||Book|
||Time to Sign||Picton CC||Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Book|
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice – Drop into the centre, staff are always available.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops – You can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at our reception at Picton CC or at Tots Health on Mondays at Kensington CC. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Lending Library – Offers a wide range of quality books including dual language books for your child to borrow and take home, for FREE for up to 1 week. Enjoy sharing books together. (Picton CC).
- Reading Pledge – Sign up and receive your FREE pack. This entitles your family to borrow reading resources for up to 1 week, which are specifically put together for your child’s age and stage of
development. (Picton CC).
- Recipe of the Week – Every Tuesday find out at Reception what the recipe of the week is. You can feed up to a family of four with just £1, with lots of different healthy recipes each week. (Picton CC).
- Smoke Free Liverpool - If you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities – If you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Gail/Irene.
- Sensory Room bookings - Free play within a fun and relaxing environment for children aged between 0-4 years. Room can be booked from 8.30am 5.30pm, Monday – Friday. (Picton CC).
- Volunteering Opportunities – We can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please contact Lisa.
- Ways to Work – ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please contact Alisha, Toyah or Anne.