Find a children's centre
'Our Picton' street party - Saturday 22nd June 11am-1pm
Join us outside Picton Children's Centre, 139 Earle Road, L7 6HD, to celebrate our neighbourhood and enjoy music, activities for children, food and art. Granby Toxteth Development Trust will be also carrying out a consultation on the use of the green space behind the centre.
Activity timetable for Picton
|Day||Time||Activity||Location||Details||Book or drop in|
|Monday||1030-11.30am||Magical Storytime||Picton CC||Explore stories and crafts to help your child to learn and develop.||Drop in|
|Monday||1-1.45pm||Rhythm and Rhyme||Picton CC||Musical session for babies and children 0-4 years.||Drop in|
|Monday||2.15-3pm||Early Communication Group||Picton CC||6 week course starting 10th June. Helps with development of speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by
|Monday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Picton CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family. Run in partnership with Granby Toxteth Development Trust.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||10-11am||Baby Massage||Picton CC||5 week course starting 30th April. Massage oils provided - just bring a towel.||Invitation only|
|Tuesday||10-10.45am||Chatterbox||Picton CC||6 week course starting 11th June. Helps with development of speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by SEN Worker.||Invitation only|
|Tuesday||10-11am||Movers and Groovers||St Hugh's school hall||Music and movement for children aged 0-4 years.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||2-3pm||Support to Work||Picton CC||30th April, 28th May, 25th June. Monthly drop in to help you return to work or training.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||2-3pm||First Tastes Weaning Session||Picton CC||14th May, 2nd July. A practical session with lots of useful tips about how to successfully wean your baby.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||4-5.30pm||BAMBIS Infant Feeding Workshop||Picton CC||23rd April, 11th June, 9th July. Get lots of helpful information about feeding your baby.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||9.30am-11.30am||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Picton CC||For asylum/refugee families. Basic English language for adults, run by Adult Learning Service. Limited creche places available.||Contact|
|Wednesday||1.30-2.30pm||Baby Massage||Picton CC||5 week course starting 12th June. Massage oils provided - just bring a towel.||Book|
|Wednesday||1.30-3pm||Diddy Dunstan's||St Dunstan's Church||For children aged 0-3 years.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Picton CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family. Run in partnership with Granby Toxteth Development Trust.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||Health Visitor Weighing Clinic||Picton CC||This session is on a first come first served basis and can see up to 18 families per session.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||ESOL Class||Picton CC||Run by Adult Learning Service. Basic English language for adults.||Contact Adult Learning on 233 2400|
|Thursday||1-3pm||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Picton CC||For asylum/refugee families. Basic English language for adults, run by Adult Learning Service. Limited creche place available.||Contact Adult Learning on 233 2400|
|Friday||9.30am-11.30am||Basic IT||Picton CC||Run by Everton Development Trust. Learn how to use the internet and set up an email account. Must have a National Insurance number and be over 20 years of age. Limited crèche places available.||Drop in|
||Time to Sign||Picton CC||Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Drop in|
|Friday||1-3pm||5 Ways to Wellbeing||In the community||5 week course starting 3rd May. For anyone new to the UK who may be isolated, has low level English language and is experiencing mental health difficulties. Run by Adult Learning Services. Limited crèche places available.||Contact Adult Learning on 233 2400|
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice – Drop into the centre, staff are always available.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops – You can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at our reception. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Households into Work - Run by Liverpool into Work. Access is by referral via one of our staff team. This is a 12 month programme providing support for unemployed members of a household, helping them to tackle any barriers which may be preventing them for accessing work or training.
- Lending Library – Offers a wide range of quality books including dual language books for your child to borrow and take home, for FREE for up to 1 week. Enjoy sharing books together.
- Reading Pledge – Sign up and receive your FREE pack. This entitles your family to borrow reading resources for up to 1 week, which are specifically put together for your child’s age and stage of
- Recipe of the Week – Every Tuesday find out at Reception what the recipe of the week is. You can feed up to a family of four with just £1, with lots of different healthy recipes each week.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - If you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities – If you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Natalie.
- Sensory Room bookings - Free play within a fun and relaxing environment for children aged between 0-4 years. Room can be booked from 8.30am 5.30pm, Monday-Friday.
- Volunteering Opportunities – We can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please contact Lisa.
- Ways to Work – ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please contact Suzi