Find a children's centre
Half term activities at Picton Children's Centre
Half term programme at Picton Children's Centre from Monday 18th to Friday 22nd February. Find out more
Activity timetable for Picton
|Day||Time||Activity||Location||Details||Book or drop in|
|Monday||9.15-9.45am||Family Breakfast||Picton CC||Free healthy breakfast for all the family. Run in partnership with Granby Toxteth Development Trust.||Drop in|
|Monday||10-11am||Magical Storytime||Picton CC||Explore stories and crafts to help your child to learn and develop. For ages 2-4 years.||Drop in|
|Monday||1-1.45pm||Rhythm and Rhyme||Picton CC||Musical session for babies and children 0-4 years.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||9.30-11am||Support to Work||Picton CC||15th January and 19th February. Monthly drop in to help you return to work or training.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||10-11am||Movers and Groovers||St Hugh's school hall||Music and movement for children aged 0-4 years.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||1.30-2.30pm||Baby Massage||Picton CC||5 week course starting 26th February. Massage oils provided - just bring a towel.||Book|
|Tuesday||2-3.30pm||BAMBIS Infant feeding workshop||Picton CC||22nd January. Get lots of helpful information about feeding your baby.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||9.30am-11.30am||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Picton CC||For asylum/refugee families. Basic English language for adults, run by Adult Learning Service. Limited creche places available.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||1.30-3pm||Diddy Dunstan's||St Dunstan's Church||For children aged 0-3 years.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||3.30-5pm||Play and Eat||Picton CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family. Run in partnership with Granby Toxteth Development Trust.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||Health Visitor Weighing Clinic||Picton CC||This session is on a first come first served basis and can see up to 18 families per session. Ends promptly at 11.30am.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||ESOL Class||Picton CC||Run by Adult Learning Service. Basic English language for adults.||Drop in|
|Thursday||1-3pm||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Picton CC||For asylum/refugee families. Basic English language for adults, run by Adult Learning Service.||Drop in|
|Friday||9.15-9.45am||Family Breakfast||Picton CC||Free healthy breakfast for all the family. Run in partnership with Granby Toxteth Development Trust.||Drop in|
|Friday||9.30am-11.30am||Basic IT||Picton CC||Run by Everton Development Trust. Learn how to use the internet and set up an email account. Must have a National Insurance number and be over 20 years of age. Limited crèche places available.||Drop in|
||Time to Sign||Picton CC||Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Drop in|
|Friday||pm||Outreach||In the community||On Friday afternoons our friendly outreach staff will be out and about in the community providing information, advice and support to families in the local area.||Outreach|
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice – Drop into the centre, staff are always available.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops – You can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at our reception. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Lending Library – Offers a wide range of quality books including dual language books for your child to borrow and take home, for FREE for up to 1 week. Enjoy sharing books together.
- Reading Pledge – Sign up and receive your FREE pack. This entitles your family to borrow reading resources for up to 1 week, which are specifically put together for your child’s age and stage of
- Recipe of the Week – Every Tuesday find out at Reception what the recipe of the week is. You can feed up to a family of four with just £1, with lots of different healthy recipes each week.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - If you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities – If you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Gail/Irene.
- Sensory Room bookings - Free play within a fun and relaxing environment for children aged between 0-4 years. Room can be booked from 8.30am 5.30pm, Monday – Friday.
- Volunteering Opportunities – We can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please contact Lisa.
- Ways to Work – ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please contact Alisha, Toyah or Anne.