Find a children's centre
Activity timetable for Picton
Our activity timetable
Your can also view a version of this timetable in pdf format.
|Day||Time||Activity||Location||Details||Book or Drop in|
|Monday||10.30-11.30am||Magical Story Time||Picton CC||Explore stories and crafts, to help support your child to learn and develop.||Drop in|
|Monday||1-1.45pm||Rhyme and Rhythm||Picton CC||Musical session for babies and children aged 0-4 years of age.||Drop in|
|Monday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Picton CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family.||Drop in|
|Tuesday||10-11am||Baby Massage||Picton CC||Five-week course. Two courses this term. Course one starts on 10th September and course two on 5th November. Massage oils are provided, just bring a towel.||Book|
|Tuesday||12.45-3pm||Nurture Course||Picton CC||10-week course starts on 10th September. Accredited parenting course to help families build stringer relationships. Limited creche places available.||Book|
|Wednesday||10-10.45am||Early Communication Group||Picton CC||Six-week course starts 11th September. Helps to develop speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by SEN worker.||By invitation only|
|Wednesday||10-10.45am||Chatterbox||Picton CC||Six-week course starts 13th November.Helps to develop speech and language. Places offered by invitation only by SEN worker.||By invitation only|
|Wednesday||10-11am||Movers and Groovers||St Hugh's School Hall||Music and movement for babies and children aged 0-4 years of age.||Drop in|
|Wednesday||1-3pm||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Picton CC||Assessments on 11th September. Classes start 18th September. For asylum/refugee families - basic English language for adults. Run by the Adult Learning Service. Basic English language for adults. Limited crèche places available.
|Wednesday||3.30-4.30pm||Play and Eat||Picton CC||Fun activities and a healthy meal for all the family.||Drop in|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||Health Visitor Weighing Clinic||Picton CC||This session is on a first come first served basis and can only see 18 families per session.||Drop in|
|Thursday||1-3pm||ESOL - Our Liverpool||Picton CC||Classes start 19th September. For asylum/refugee families - basic English language for adults. Run by the Adult Learning Service. Basic English language for adults. Limited crèche places available.||Book|
Bump, Birth and Beyond
|Picton CC||Three-week course. Starts 12th September. Antenatal advice and support for expectant parents and their birthing partners. Jointly delivered by midwife and Health Worker.||Book|
|Thursday||9.30-11.30am||Basic IT||Picton CC||Run by Everton Development Trust. Drop in sessions for adults. Learn how to use the internet and set up an email account. Must have a national insurance number and be over 20 years of age.||Drop in|
|Thursday||10-10.45am||Time to Sign||Picton CC||Children and parents sign, sing, play and laugh while learning British Sign Language.||Drop in|
|Friday||1-4pm||EU Settlement Scheme Advice drop-in||Picton CC||Weekly drop-in session providing advice and guidance for EU citizens living in the UK who need help with their application to the EU Settlement Scheme, to help ensure their rights are protected and that they can continue living in the UK after it leaves the EU. Run by Migrant Help.||Drop in|
- Breastfeeding Support and Advice - drop into the centre, staff are always available.
- Healthy Start Vitamins and Drops - you can redeem your Healthy Start vitamin vouchers at our reception desk. We can also provide a Healthy Start application form for anyone who may be eligible to apply.
- Households into Work - run by Liverpool into Work. Access is by referral via one of our staff team. This is a 12-month programme providing sup-port for unemployed members of a household, helping them to tackle any barriers which may be preventing them for accessing work or training.
- Lending Library - includes a wide range of quality books including dual language books for your child to borrow and take home, for FREE for up to one week. Enjoy sharing books together.
- Reading Pledge - sign up and receive your FREE pack. This entitles your family to borrow reading resources for up to one week, which are specifically put together for your child’s age and stage of development.
- Recipe of the Week - Every Tuesday find out at Reception what the recipe of the week is. You can feed a family of up to four with just £1, with lots of different healthy recipes each week.
- Smoke Free Liverpool - if you would like support to stop smoking please speak to a member of staff who can refer you.
- Special Educational Needs and Disabilities - if you need advice or support about your child’s development, behaviour, sleep pattern or any speech and language issues please contact Irene.
- Sensory Room bookings - free play within a fun and relaxing environment for children aged between 0-4 years. Room can be booked from 8.30am 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Volunteering Opportunities - we can offer parents valuable work experience within our centre. For more information please contact Lisa.
- Ways to Work - ESF funded programme offering support into work and/or training. For more information please contact Suzi.