Early years and childcare
Find nursery/childcare providers
Search for a childcare provider
You can search Liverpool's Early Help Directory (EHD) for a range of childcare providers including nurseries, childminders and out of school clubs.
Liverpool Childcare and Family Information Service (CAFIS) on 0800 085 2022 can also help you find a nursery, childminder or out of school club.
Get childcare and family information
You can search Liverpool's Early Help Directory (EHD) for a range of local services for children and families.
Liverpool Childcare and Family Information Service (CAFIS) on 0800 085 2022 also offers:
- information on childcare costs
- guidance on free early education places
- information for young carers
- support for disabled children and young people
Explore your childcare options
CAFIS on 0800 085 2022 can answer any questions about your childcare options and types of providers listed below.
- Childminders - work in their own home and are Ofsted inspected. Some childminders will take children to and from school.
- Day nurseries - provide full and part time care for children aged 0 to 5. Some will take 3 and 4 year olds to and from a local school.
- Children’s centres - provide integrated services such as health and family support and childcare.
- Out of school clubs - set up in or near to schools and provide group play and learning.
- Holiday play schemes - childcare schemes for small children from the age of three (closed door policy) and open access schemes for older children up to age 16 (can enter and leave the scheme without adult involvement).
- Parent and toddler groups - stimulating play for young children and social environment for parents.
- Playgroups - for pre-school children between the ages of two and five to learn and play in small groups.
Childcare outside Liverpool
To find childcare outside of Liverpool please search the Family and Childcare Trust website and select your local authority.
Comment on our service
If you have any comments on the service we provide, or are not happy with any part of the service please get in touch via the council's Have Your Say process.