16-19 Bursary Fund

Get help to pay for essential education-related costs if you’re 16 to 19 and in further education or training. You can’t apply if you’re studying at university.
The Bursary Fund can help pay for costs like, equipment you might need for your course, lunch and transport to and from your school or college.

You could get a bursary of £1,200 a year if you’re:

  • In care or a care leaver.
  • Claiming Income Support.
  • Disabled and getting Employment and Support Allowance, and Disability Living Allowance.

If you aren’t in one of these groups, you could still get a bursary depending on your personal circumstances. Ask your school, college or training provider’s student support services to see if you’re eligible.

Find out more about the 16-19 Bursary fund on the GOV.UK website.