Schools & Learning
Newly qualified teachers
Are you newly qualified?
We have a well deserved reputation for ensuring that Liverpool's NQTs receive the very best start to their careers.
We provide a high quality programme of training for NQTs which will supplement each school's own induction programme. For further information about this induction programme please contact us.
Are you fully qualified to teach?
Liverpool Children and Young People’s Service has a statutory duty to make sure that all NQTs have met the standards set by the Department for Education, before they are fully qualified to teach.
How we do this
- Monitor each school's induction programme.
- Make sure that the support given to NQTs is of a consistently high standard.
- Monitor the induction process through regular contact with schools.
- Make recommendations about successful completion of the induction period after scrutinising the reports from schools.
- Make recommendations to the Teaching Agency (TA) regarding those NQTs who have met the required standards.