Adult social care
Our Liverpool - support for refugees and asylum seekers
Our Liverpool helps vulnerable migrants, people seeking asylum and those with refugee status:
- get the support they are entitled to get
- live independent and healthy lives
- contribute their skills to Liverpool society
What do we do?
We help with the following:
- Education: We get school-aged children into a classroom as fast as possible, and work with schools and other organisations to make this happen.
- Community development: Our team members based in Picton, Tuebrook and Kensington children’s centres link those in need up with all the services they are entitled to access.
- Money and housing: As soon as a person gains refugee status, we want to reduce their risk of becoming homeless by helping them set up a bank account, find housing and apply for a job or benefits.
- Employment: We help refugees find a job, work experience or a chance to volunteer or study.
- Migrant rough sleeping: We work with existing services to help European Union migrants find a place to live and stop them becoming homeless.
- Wellbeing: We will provide more places on the 5 ways to wellbeing course for people new to our city, as well as other learners.
- Learning English: English classes with a crèche are open to people with refugee status or asylum seekers who have been waiting a decision for over six months.
How can I access help?
Is you are a refugee or asylum seeker in Liverpool, or you know someone who would benefit from our help, please fill out the form below.
If you have any questions about what Our Liverpool can do, please contact us.