It is an offence to drive in these lanes within the prohibited hours and Penalty Charge Notices may be served. View bus lane locations, operative times and vehicle exemptions.
Challenge a bus lane fine
Received a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)?
You can challenge a bus lane PCN using the online form below, or by writing to us at Liverpool City Council, Parking Services, Cunard Building, Water Street, Liverpool, L3 1AH within 28 days of the PCN being issued. Please read the accepted reasons below for a challenge.
Accepted reasons to challenge a bus lane PCN
- The alleged contravention did not occur.
- The police have already started criminal proceedings.
- I was not the owner/keeper at the time.
- I had hired vehicle but had not signed for PCN liability.
- We are a hire firm.
- The vehicle was under control of vehicle trader.
- The vehicle was taken without my consent.
- The penalty exceeded the amount.
What happens next?
If your challenge is accepted you won't have to pay anything. If we reject the challenge, we’ll write to you and tell you how to pay or how to appeal via the independent Traffic Penalty Tribunal (see information under ‘Want to appeal?’ below).
Please note that the 50% reduction for payment within 14 days may be lost if your challenge fails, or is received too late.
Want to appeal?
If we reject your challenge and you still wish to dispute the PCN, you can appeal to the independent Traffic Penalty Tribunal (TPT). Details of how to do this are also given in the rejection letter sent out to you.