Change of date for March drop-in Patents session
The Patents advice drop-in with Dr Les Prichard will take place on Thursday 16th March from 1pm to 4pm and not the last Thursday of the month.
Liverpool Business and Intellectual Property Centre
Based on the first floor of Central Library, the Business and Intellectual Property Centre can support you if you're looking to start or grow your business.
From taking those first steps to successfully launching and developing a business, you will find people and business resources here to help you.
Working with a range of partner organisations we can offer:
- Free access to Business and Intellectual Property databases and publications including market research, company data, business news plus information about intellectual property to protect your ideas
- Access to business advisers and experts including our Entrepreneur In Residence, Councillor Gary Millar, Liverpool’s Mayoral Lead for Business and International Growth
- Workshops and events to help you get to grips with all aspects of starting and growing a business including access to chartered patent attorneys and information specialists
- Inspiring spaces that will help you to think creatively and meet like-minded people
- Signposting to other business related events and activities within the Liverpool area
If you're a member of Liverpool Libraries, you can access some of our subscriptions at home by logging in with your library card. These include:
- British Standards Library - View over 27,000 standards.
- Cobra - Business reference adviser.
- Kompass - Detailed profiles of more than 4.6 million companies worldwide.
Find out a bit more about Liverpool Business and Intellectual Property Centre by watching this short video.
Events and drop in sessions
All events and drop in sessions are held in the Business and IP Centre, first floor, Central Library:
- Entrepreneur in Residence drop-in advice session with Cllr Gary Millar and team – every Thursday from 1pm to 4pm
- Trademarks advice with Kate Cruse (Forresters) – first Thursday of the month from 1pm to 4pm.
- Patents advice drop-in with Dr Les Prichard (Culverstons) – last Thursday of the month from 1pm to 4pm.
- Business website advice drop-in with Peter Dunning (Digital Config) - last Thursday of the month from 1pm to 4pm.
- Patents clinic (Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys) – first Tuesday of the month from 5pm to 7.30pm (booking necessary). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0151 233 5835.
- Be your own boss (St Helens Chamber of Commerce) – second Wednesday of the month from 2.00pm to 4.15pm.
If you would like further information or want to speak to the Business and IP team, please contact us.
The Liverpool Business and Intellectual Property Centre is part of a national network in partnership with the British Library and Intellectual Property Office. Support is provided by the Department for Communities and Local Government and Arts Council England.
Merseyside Enterprise Hub
The Liverpool Central Library Business and Intellectual Property Centre is one of five strategic partners to the Merseyside Enterprise Hub along with the City of Liverpool College, Liverpool Mutual Homes, Mersey Care NHS Trust, and Plus Dane. There are also a wide range of business support delivery partners helping to ensure that the right advice and support is given across all of the diverse communities within the Liverpool City Region. Events also take place in libraries to provide greater reach into local communities.
The Merseyside Enterprise Hub was launched in 2016 in order to provide advice and support to budding entrepreneurs across the Liverpool City Region. Overseen by the Department for Communities & Local Government and part-funded through European Regional Development Funding, the Merseyside Enterprise Hub offers business start-up advice in the six Merseyside areas of Liverpool, Halton, Knowsley, St Helens, Sefton and the Wirral. The Merseyside Enterprise Hub is a three year initiative with the City of Liverpool College acting as accountable body. The Women’s Organisation are the managing agent for the overall programme and also a key delivery partner holding regular sessions in Liverpool Central Library Business and Intellectual Property Centre.
To find out more about the support available through the Merseyside Enterprise Hub phone 0151 706 8113 or email email@example.com.