Join a library
How to join
If you apply online, we will either send you a card by post or ask you to collect it in person. On your first visit to the library, your card will be activated and you will receive your unique PIN for your online library account.
You can also visit any Liverpool library with proof of your name and address to join in person. You can then start borrowing immediately.
When you join Liverpool libraries, you can:
- Reserve and renew items online.
- Use Read Liverpool and download free ebooks, magazines, audiobooks, and access a host of reference resources.
- Access computers and the internet. All our libraries have computers with free internet access, Microsoft Office software and free WiFi.
- Learn in libraries and do online training courses at your local library.
- Borrow items from any Liverpool library.
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service is for people who live in Liverpool but cannot get to a library or ask anyone to collect books on their behalf. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Reading group tickets
Reading group tickets allow a group to loan a set of 10 books free of charge for a 6-week period. The books can be collected from any Liverpool library.
You can apply for a reading group ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0151 233 3069 and asking for Sefton Park Library.