Free school meals
Free school meals online unavailable on Saturday 17th March 2018
The free school meals online application form and eligibility checker will not be available from 9am on Saturday 17th March due to essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Income related free school meals
If you live in Liverpool and receive any of the following benefits you can claim free school meals for your child. This is also applicable to nursery children if they attend before and after lunch sessions at a local authority nursery school or nursery class.
If the child is over 18 and still attends school, you can claim if you receive any of the first three allowances listed below.
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part Vl of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenues and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Before you submit a claim
- If you already receive free school meals for a child and just want to register another child, just contact us instead of completing the process again.
- If you're a foster parent you're not eligible to apply as you already receive funding.
- If you receive Universal Credit do not apply online. Download a paper application form instead and return it to Revenues and Benefits, Cunard Building, Water Street, L3 1AH.
- If you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support you don't need to complete the form - just contact us and we'll update your details to include free school meals.
How to claim
Apply online and get an instant answer. The form will check whether your child is eligible.
If your claim is successful the school will be notified that your child can have free school meals. Schools will ensure that this information is treated with the strictest confidence and handled sensitively.
Change of circumstances
You must contact us if your circumstances change. For example, if you no longer receive benefits, move house or change school, as this may affect your right to claim.