Help in a crisis
Foodbanks and deliveries
Foodbanks in Liverpool
Your local foodbank can provide at least three days' emergency food and support to people in crisis. You can get a voucher from your:
- health visitor
- social worker
- local citizens advice or charity organisation
Take your voucher to your local Trussell Trust foodbank to receive your emergency food.
Your local church or community centre may have their own system and you may not need a voucher.
Foodbanks - opening times
During the coronavirus outbreak, Trussell Trust Foodbanks aim to have one centre open each day in North and South Liverpool. Please check opening times below.
Micah foodbank is run by the city centre faith communities to help people in crisis in the inner city.
Food, meal deliveries and support for those in need
- get priority supermarket delivery slots, if you already have priority supermarket deliveries, you will keep them
- tell the us, Liverpool City Council, that you need support if this cannot be provided by friends, family or other support networks. We can help with shopping, emergency foodbanks, collecting prescriptions or just having a friendly voice to speak to
If you need to register your needs by phone, or have an urgent need, contact us on 0151 233 3066. Our lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm.
You can also ask for help from NHS Volunteer Responders with the tasks you cannot do because you cannot leave home during the coronavirus outbreak, such as food shopping.
During the coronavirus outbreak a host of local charities and community groups are offering access to affordable food, food parcels, meal deliveries and support with shopping for those who cannot leave home.
Food and other delivery services
The Guide Liverpool, Independent Liverpool and Liverpool BID Company have compiled a directory of local businesses that can deliver food and other supplies to your doorstep during the coronavirus outbreak.
Other local options include:
- LIDS – Liverpool Independent Food Delivery Service - local products from independent retailers delivered straight to your door. You can also shop for someone you know who is in need.
- My Fresh Box - deliver meals that need minimum preparation.
- Root 22 - fruit and veg boxes delivered.
- Fruit and Veg Liverpool – deliveries in South Liverpool.
- Bread from The Little Shoe
- Pop to the Shop - a not-for-profit organisation with a team of volunteers connecting self-isolators to local people who can buy and deliver essential supplies from local shops. The website manages requests and card payments for contact-free deliveries without cash.