Food hygiene and safety
- Guidance for food businesses Not sure if you need to register your food business or apply for premises approval? Read our guidance for different types of food business.
- Register a food business If you're starting a food business or taking over an existing one you must register your premises with us at least 28 days before you start operating.
- Approval of food premises If you process products of animal origin - meat, dairy, fish, eggs and game - for the sale to other retailers, you may need to apply for approval.
- Food hygiene inspections How we carry out an inspection, how to get the best rating, plus how to request a new rating, appeal one or have your right to reply.
- Food export certificates How to apply for a food export certificate.