Environment and planning
Heritage Investment Framework
Why do we need a framework?
Liverpool is rightly proud of its heritage assets; the city’s unique blend of old and new is part of what makes it different. We have a duty to conserve and enhance our heritage for future generations. The aims of this document are:
- To showcase the distinctiveness of the city.
- To highlight recent successes in heritage-led regeneration.
- To consider future priorities.
- To target future funding and investment.
It covers the period 2011-2015 and replaces the previous Heritage Investment Framework for 2006-2010. It considers Liverpool’s heritage assets across the following range of categories:
- Buildings and Streetscape
- Parks and Gardens
- Statues and Monuments
- Collections and Memories
Within each category, recent achievements are highlighted, followed by a series of action areas and current project opportunities.