Professional referrals

Professionals: Request a minor adaptation for a child or young person

If you are a health or social care practitioner and have identified, through an assessment, that a child or young person requires minor adaptations to help them stay safe and independent at home, you can submit a request online for the council to complete the adaptations.

If you are a professional requesting a minor adaption for an adult aged 18 and above, please use the minor adaption process for adults.

Before you start

Some points to consider before you make a referral:

Is your client a tenant of a registered social landlord?

If yes, please discuss your request with the RSL first, as they may be able to complete the works or grant permission.

Is your client a private tenant?

If yes, you must get permission from the landlord for the works to be completed before you make a referral.

Make a referral

This application should only be completed by a health or social care practitioner.

You will need to provide the following information:

  • Property details and whether it is owned, privately rented or housing association.
  • Description of work required.
  • Supporting documents or photos to assist the technicians carrying out the recommended works. These can be scanned files or photos which you can upload with your application
  • Child’s details, including name, address, date of birth.
  • Contact details to arrange installation at property.

Request a minor adaptation for a child or young person

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

What happens next?

When we receive your request, we will contact your client within 10 working days to arrange an appointment date and time for the works to be completed.