Book a video appointment with an adviser
If you have a smartphone, you can book a video appointment with a trained adviser for specialised help with benefits and council tax issues. Find out more about video appointments.
Housing Benefit overpayments
Please contact us straight away if:
- you think you’ve been overpaid
- you get a letter from us which says you have been overpaid
- your circumstances change and this is likely to affect a benefit
Paying money back
You will need to pay money back if the overpayment was your fault. For example:
- the information you gave us was wrong
- you did not tell us about a change in your circumstances
- you should have noticed an overpayment, for example you received 2 payments instead of one
How to pay back an overpayment
If you have received a letter or need to pay back overpaid benefit, you can pay online below. You’ll need your 10 digit Housing Benefit invoice number starting with 77.