Memorial options after cremation
A memorial bench is an ideal option to sit and reflect on memories of a loved one. These can be sited throughout the cemeteries or the crematoria grounds depending on the location and space available.
An engraved plaque with personalised inscription is fitted to the back rail of the bench and the bench is fixed to paving flags with securing bolts.
Memorial bench costs
All costs are subject to change:
- 3ft bench including engraved plaque: £385
- 5ft bench including engraved plaque: £695
- Additional engraved plaque: £25.50
If your chosen location is on an available grave space, you must also purchase the Right of Burial for that grave space, in addition to the memorial bench cost. Right of Burial costs will vary depending on location and we can discuss this with you if or when applicable.
The exact location of each bench must be approved by the council.
How to apply
You can submit an initial enquiry online. We’ll need to know the name of the crematoria or cemetery, section number and the name of the deceased.
Submit a bench enquiry [link to form]
What happens next?
When we receive your enquiry, we’ll investigate whether space is available and whether or not Right of Burial fees apply. We will contact you as soon as possible to discuss options and next steps.
If you decide to purchase a bench, it can take between 12 to 16 weeks from the order being placed and confirmed to installation.
Terms and conditions
- Once installed, the council is not responsible for maintenance of the bench, damage or theft.
- All weather-proofing must be carried out by the owner and this can be done once the bench is placed.
- The bench can remain in situ as long as it remains in a safe condition.
- The council will decide if a bench is no longer safe.