Leisure and wellbeing

Street parties

You can apply for a road closure in order to hold a local street party to celebrate a Royal event such as the King's Coronation, or to put on another type of community event.

We cannot close part of a major road or bus route. These events must be:

  • organised and funded by the applicant
  • in a residential road
  • no longer than three hours in duration - except for national events such as the King's Coronation when roads can be closed between 9am and 10pm
  • covered by Public Liability Insurance paid for by the organiser
  • agreed by the residents of the street before you apply

How much?

In the case of the King's Coronation, we won't charge for the road closure notice or the barriers which manage traffic.

For all other community events, we will charge £2,500 (excluding VAT) for a road closure notice, and you must organise and pay for the barriers. 

How to apply

Complete the online street party application form below.

Your request to hold a street party using a road closure will then be considered, and a response sent back to you within 10 working days explaining the next steps.

Submit a street party application online

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Event funding

You can apply to the National Lottery for funding between £300 and £10,000 to support your community event - find out more on the National Lottery website.