Parking, roads and travel

Apply for an ‘H’ bar road mark

Do you have problems getting your car in or out of your driveway because other drivers block it?

It is an offence under the Highways Act 1980 to park across a driveway and you can report it to Merseyside Police.

If the problem continues and you already have a dropped kerb you can apply for an ‘H’ mark.

Please note: An ‘H’ bar is an advisory road marking with no legal backing but it will help towards stopping drivers from blocking a driveway.

How much?

We charge £180 for an ‘H’ bar. 

How to apply

To apply for an ‘H’ bar please fill in online form below, pay the £180 fee when prompted and keep a note of your reference number.

Apply for an ‘H’ mark

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

How long will it take?

It can take up to 12 weeks for us to complete the job following receipt of payment.

Incorrect use of an ‘H’ bar

You must not use an ‘H’ bar to reserve a parking space outside your property.

If we find you are parking on the ‘H’ bar we may remove it and charge you for the work.