Liverpool in Work privacy notice
Who is the Data Controller for the information I provide?
- Liverpool City Council.
- Liverpool Combined Authority.
Why we collect your data
We are funded by the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority Strategic Investment Fund (LCRCA SIF) to deliver our services to you.
We need to collect and use data about you in order to provide an information, advice and guidance service to assist you closer to, or into the labour market.
We work closely with local, regional and national employers and training organisations to source employment and skills opportunities that we can support you towards accessing and we work alongside other directorates and teams within the local authority to enhance our services to you – we may need to share your relevant personal information with some of those named in order to do so.
Generally we collect and use personal information in instances where:
- You (or your legal representative) have given consent.
- It is necessary to perform our statutory or contractual duties.
- It is required by law.
- It is necessary for employment purposes.
We may also need to use information about you to:
- Deliver services and support to you.
- Manage those services we provide to you.
- Share the results of our services to the public bodies that fund us.
- Train and manage the employment of our workers who deliver those services.
- Help investigate any worries or complaints you have about your services.
- Keep track of spending on services.
- Check the quality of services.
- Help with research and planning of new services.
What is the legal basis for collecting and processing this data?
We will collect and process your information where there is a contractual obligation or a legal basis for doing so.
Your information is being used by Liverpool City Council and the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority to administer the SIF Ways to Work programme, and we are able to do this as part of our public task under the LCRCA devolution agreement.
The information we may collect
Where we can, we’ll only collect and use personal information if we need it to deliver a service or meet a requirement. This can include:
- Date of birth.
- Contact number.
- NI number.
- Benefits information.
- Employment status.
- Qualifications (including driving licence).
- Housing status.
- Household status and data.
- Eligibility to work.
- Disability and health information.
- Information about under-represented groups.
- Start and leave dates on our programme.
- Your status on leaving.
Do I have to provide this information, and what will happen if I don’t?
You do not have to provide this information but we may not then be in a position to provide specific services to you as a result.
Who will your information be shared with?
When you agree to Liverpool in Work providing our services to you, we will only share information that is relevant to the contracts and services we are delivering. For example, if we are funded by a specific UK Government Department to deliver a contract, we are obliged to share relevant data we collect with the data controller for that contract. We will only ever share what is required as part of that contract - this will be explained to you before you agree to us providing you with services and only when you provide consent beforehand.
During the existing funding period for the LCRCA W2W programme, we may share your data with the following:
- Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.
- Other local authorities and directorates within Liverpool City Council.
- Local housing associations of which you are a tenant.
- Potential employers and training organisations.
How long will you keep this information for?
Your information will only be kept for a specific amount of time after which it will be securely destroyed. The timeframe for holding data is different depending on the purpose for which the information was collected and processed. Please see What we do with your data for the council's full retention schedule.
You can request more information on contractual retention periods relevant to you at any time.
How will my information be stored?
Your information will be stored electronically and in paper records.
We’ll do what we can to make sure we hold records about you (on paper and electronically) in a secure way, and we’ll only make them available to those who have a right to see them. Examples of our security include:
- Encryption, meaning that information is hidden so that it cannot be read without special knowledge (such as a password). This is done with a secret code or what’s called a ‘cypher’. The hidden information is said to then be encrypted.
- Controlling access to systems and networks allows us to stop people who are not allowed to view your personal information from getting access to it.
- Training for our staff allows us to make them aware of how to handle information and how and when to report when something goes wrong.
- Regular testing of our technology and ways of working including keeping up to date on the latest security updates (commonly called patches).
Source of the data if we are recipient and hold it for others
Not applicable for Liverpool in Work.
Will this information be used to take automated decisions about me?
Will my data be transferred abroad?
What rights do I have when it comes to my data?
You have a number of rights that are set out on the How to access your data page of this section.
Where can I get advice?
View our Help and advice page for more information.