Homeless or at risk
At risk of becoming homeless
There are a variety of reasons that may mean you are at risk of becoming homeless. These include:
- Difficulty paying your mortgage or rent.
- A breakdown in your relationship with your parents or partner which means you can no longer live with them.
We provide a Housing Options Service which will help you deal with these and other problems, and help you remain in your home.
The Housing Options Service can be reached via any One Stop Shop or by phoning Careline on 0151 233 3800 (Freephone 0800 731 6844).
What can we do for you?
If you are referred to the Housing Options Service a prevention officer will offer help in a number of ways. You may be offered one or more of the following:
- A homelessness assessment - as quickly as possible.
- Specialist mediation to help resolve family disputes.
- Help to prevent or reverse illegal evictions.
- Support in court to prevent possession proceedings.
- Help using the government’s Mortgage Rescue scheme.
- Sanctuary from domestic violence.
- Help with bidding on PropertyPool Plus.
- Support with moving.