Licensing and permits

Club premise certificates: Minor variation applications

This process can only be used where the variations will not adversely impact on the promotion of the four licensing objectives (prevention of crime and disorder, public safety, prevention of public nuisance, protection of children from harm).

How to apply

Read the guidance notes and apply online.

Apply online for a minor variation

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. If after the 10 working day consultation period has expired and no representations have been made by a responsible authority or interested party, then we will approve the minor variation.

If any representations have been received, we have a further five working days to consider them and will decide whether to approve or reject the application.

If the minor variation is approved, we will issue a notice outlining the minor variation to the premise licence or club premises certificate. We will also issue a new licence or certificate to reflect the minor variation.


The application fee is based on the non-domestic rateable value (NDRV). You will find details on the Home Office website.