Trading and consumer advice
A number of leaflets are available from the Trading Standards Institute, which are designed to help businesses and consumers.
- Supply of services: what to do if things go wrong
- Buying by internet, phone and mail order: distance contracts explained
- Is the trader right?
- Gas and electricity competition
- Remedies and redress: an overview of your key consumer rights
- Professional architectural services and your building project
- Supply of services: your consumer rights
- Buying at home: off-premises contracts explained
- Buying communications and media packages
- Buying from business premises: on-premises contracts explained
- Dry cleaning
- Guarantees and warranties