Contact us

Make a complaint about adult social care services

It is very important that we know about any problems you have with your adult social care service. If you tell us what is going wrong, it gives us the opportunity to put it right and to make sure that our systems are improved for the future.

How to complain

Make a complaint online

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

If you prefer, you can call 0151 233 3000 to ask a contact centre adviser to register your complaint, visit a One Stop Shop and speak to an adviser or write to Customer Insight and Information Team, Liverpool City Council, Adult Services, Cunard Buildings, Water St, L3 1DH.

What happens next?

We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and try to address your concerns as soon as possible.

We expect to respond to you within 25 working days, but will let you know if our response is likely to take longer.

If you complain about our services we will:

  • Investigate the complaint fully and write to you with a full response within 25 days or within an agreed timeframe.
  • Tell you what we have done as result of your complaint.
  • Explain the appeals process if you are not happy with the response

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

If you are unhappy with our response, you can take your complaint to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.


To help Healthwatch Liverpool and the Citizens Advice Bureau have created practical help you can use to make a complaint about adult social care services, including flowcharts, helpful tips and sample letters.

If you require any specific advocacy support when providing feedback please let us know and we will support you.