Complaints and feedback
Make a complaint about most council services
Before you start
You can report a whole host of issues directly to a service area via the contact us links on the page in this site without using our formal complaints procedure. This is often the quickest way to get your issue resolved. View all our key contact forms.
When should I use this complaints process?
Complaints that fall outside this process are listed below - each one has separate complaint options, phone numbers and details. Please use the links to find out more:
If you don't want to report an issue, or the area you want to complain about is not listed above, you can make a formal complaint using one of the following options:
What happens once I have made a complaint?
We will do our best to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction. We will do this by following the 'Have Your Say' complaints procedure.
- Stage 1: We will deal with your complaint within 10 working days.
- Stage 2: We will arrange for a senior officer to do a further investigation within 28 days if things are not resolved.
- Stage 3: If you are still unhappy you can contact the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman.
The following documents provide more information about 'Have Your Say' and how we deal with unreasonable and vexatious customers.
- Have Your Say Scheme Procedure
- Have Your Say Scheme Procedure easy read version
- Management of Unreasonable Behaviour Policy
- Management of Unreasonable Behaviour Policy easy read version
- Dealing with recorded evidence when investigating a complaint
- Annual Have Your Say and Local Government Ombudsman Report 2015 16