Apply for an Accommodation Certificate

If you want family members to come and live in your home in the UK from another country, the Home Office may ask you to get an Accommodation Certificate.

An Accommodation Certificate proves that your home is suitable for your family members to live in. Some people call it a Validation Certificate or immigration form.

What standards must my home meet?

Your home must be safe for people to live in and must not become overcrowded once your family members join you.

Before you apply, please find out what standards the property must meet. 

How much will it cost?

You must pay a fee of £156.50 when you apply for a certificate. We will not refund this fee if we inspect the property and find it unsuitable.

If we do not inspect the property for any reason, we will refund £131.50 and keep £25 to pay for administration.

How to apply

Before you apply, please read the the full list of standards the property must meet.

You will need a credit card or debit card to pay the £156.50 fee online.

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Apply for an Accommodation Certificate