Social housing conditions

Report poor social rented housing standards

If you live in a social rented property which does not meet the Decent Homes Standard, you can:

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Make a complaint online

Decent Homes Standard

The Decent Homes Standard is a minimum standard that all social rented housing must meet.  Properties must:

  • Be free of category one hazards under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System.
  • Be in a reasonable state of repair.
  • Have reasonably modern facilities.
  • Provide a reasonable degree of thermal comfort.

You can find out more about these standards to make sure that your property meets the minimum standards on the Gov.UK website.