Report poor private rented housing conditions

If you rent from the private sector and your home is in poor condition, you should always speak to your landlord first to try to sort out any problems before contacting the council. 

If you are unable to reach an agreement, you can report it through our Licensing and Regulations Portal (LAR).

You will need to create an account first.

Once signed in, you will need to use the 'Request' option to report your issue.

Sign in to LAR 

Don't have an account? Register now.

You can also:

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

Monitoring housing conditions

The council has a statutory duty to monitor the condition of local private sector housing in Liverpool.

We do this in several ways:

  • Through our officers visiting householders in their homes to diagnose defects.
  • By collecting information on works carried out locally.
  • By periodic large-scale surveys of local properties, such as the housing condition survey.