Leisure, parks & wellbeing
Anglers’ code of conduct
Summary of the code of conduct
- All anglers aged 12 years or over must be in possession of an Environment Agency National Rod Licence, purchasable from any main Post Office.
- Anglers may only fish from angling stations where they are provided or from areas otherwise designated.
- Except by prior consent, fishing at night between the hours of dusk and dawn on all park lakes is prohibited.
- The movement of fish stocks from water body to water body is prohibited
- Except by prior consent anglers are restricted to the use of 1 x rod or 1 x pole per person.
- All litter and fishing line to be removed from the immediate vicinity after each fishing session.
- Except by prior consent, tents and bivouacs are prohibited within the park and lake area.
- Vehicles are prohibited from the park and lake area.
- General good behaviour.
- Good manners and good citizenship.
Our commitment to you
We the City Council will continue to work hard with our partners, the Environment Agency and others to maintain water quality and fish stocks at appropriate levels for each site. We will:
- keep the parks clean and safe and respect all legitimate users
- seek to invest in lake infrastructures and facilities
- inspect each lake at least once per week
- direct our service provider to maintain park lakes on a weekly basis, and when ever required
- continue to notify of any works scheduled for lakes that may affect anglers or other lake users
- make best use of existing council byelaws to ensure the safety, well being and comfort of all users
- assist in developing our contact centres to receive and process reports and comments.
We would like to thank all anglers and lake users for their anticipated co-operation in adhering to the code of conduct.