Reserve and renew
Once you have joined a library and have a library card and PIN, you can reserve books, check your loans or renew items by using the online catalogue. Please await notification that your reservation is ready to collect before travelling.
You can borrow a maximum of 20 items from a combination of:
- 14 books or spoken word CDs or cassettes.
- Six music CDs, videos or DVDs.
The loan period for books and spoken word items is 21 days, and seven days for music CDs, videos and DVDs.
- Adults 70p.
- Concessions 30p (concessions are for people on benefits or over 60).
- Child, teenage and disabled reservations are free.
- DVDs and Games £2.50 per week for residents, £3 for non-residents.
- CDs 50p per week for residents, £1 for non-residents.
- Concessions available for child, teenage and assisted users.
Providing an item has not been reserved by another borrower, you can renew online or by telephone three consecutive times before you have to take your loan(s) to a library in order to renew in person.
You can then renew online or by telephone for a further three consecutive times before you have to renew again in person.
You will need your library card and PIN to log into your account.
You can also call our contact centre to renew.
Remember, if you don't return or renew your books on time, you will need to pay a library charge.
We charge for the late return of items. Young people under 18 are exempt from fines unless they borrow certificate 12 or 15 DVDs.
Charges for late returns
Charges are per item per day. The maximum fine for all items is £15.
|Items||Residents||Senior Citizens||Non residents|
|Books, Spoken Word CDs||10p||5p||10p|
|DVDs (new titles)||40p||40p||50p|
|DVDs (old titles)||20p||20p||20p|
How to pay
You can pay library charges in person when you visit any library. Library staff will inform you of the amount you need to pay.