If your child is due to start Reception or Year 7 in September 2023
Year 7 applications have now closed. If you have missed the deadline you can submit a late application. The closing date for Reception places is 15th January 2023.
Please note: If you have applied for De La Salle Academy this will become Dixons Croxteth from 1st November 2022. Any preference expressed for De La Salle will be transferred to Dixons Croxteth once the takeover has been confirmed.
Apply for Reception and Secondary Year 7
How does this work?
- You can only apply online for a Primary Reception class or Secondary Year 7 place for schools if you live in Liverpool. If you live outside Liverpool and want to apply for a school here, you must apply through the education authority where you live. For all other places please see our Other applications page.
- Once you have created an online applications account, you can apply for up to three schools for Primary Reception class and up to five schools for Secondary Year 7.
- Some schools (mainly faith schools) also ask you to complete additional paper forms that must be sent directly to them.
- Find the schools you are interested in.
- Read the relevant policies for each school.
- If the school has supplementary forms download them, if available. Some schools (mainly faith schools and some academies) require you to send additional forms directly to them.
- Register and apply online.
- Complete and send any supplementary forms directly to the school.
Help with applying
Before you apply you must register for an account first. If you have used the system before to apply for a school you will already be registered. If you have forgotten your password, just select 'forgotten password' to reset it.
- Step by step guide: How to register for a school admissions account
- Step by step guide: How to apply online for Reception or Year 7
You can also visit our Get help page for further information about choosing and applying for schools.
This page also has additional documents you may want to read, including the primary and secondary co-ordinated policies which explain how school places are allocated.