If your child is due to start Reception or Year 7 in 2019:
- You can apply online from 12th September 2018.
- Online applications for Year 7 entry have now closed. Please see the process for late applications.
- The closing date for Reception applications is 15th January 2019.
Apply for Reception and Secondary Year 7
How does this work?
- You can only apply online for a Primary Reception class or Secondary Year 7 place for schools if you live in Liverpool. If you live outside Liverpool and want to apply for a school here, you must apply through the education authority where you live. For all other places please see our Other applications page.
- Once you have created an online applications account, you can apply for up to three schools for Primary Reception class and up to five schools for Secondary Year 7.
- Some schools (mainly faith schools) also ask you to complete additional paper forms that must be sent directly to them.
- Find the schools you are interested in.
- Read the relevant policies for each school.
- If the school has supplementary forms download them, if available. Some schools (mainly faith schools and some academies) require you to send additional forms directly to them.
- Register and apply online.
- Complete and send any supplementary forms directly to the school.
Help with applying
- Guide to registering to apply for a school place (step one).
- Guide to making an admissions application following registration (step two).
You can also visit our Get help page for further information about choosing and applying for schools.
This page also has additional documents you may want to read, including the primary and secondary co-ordinated policies which explain how school places are allocated.