School admission notice for September 2017 intake
- Online applications for Year 7 entry and reception places in 2017 have now closed. Please see the process for late applications.
- Due to the Easter weekend, school place offers for children starting reception this September will not go out until Tuesday 18th April 2017.
Get help with school admissions
Help with choosing a school
You will find everything you need to make an informed decision about a school on our Find a school pages but here are several other sources that you can use to find out more:
- Most schools have open days which you can attend. You can contact the school directly to find out when these are held.
- All schools must have a prospectus which gives more information about the school. You can request a copy from the school.
- You can request support if your child has special educational needs.
- The head teacher of the school can provide advice.
- If you are unable to apply online, paper forms are available. Please contact us.
- Download the Primary school admissions booklet 2017/18.
- Download the Secondary school admissions booklet 2017/18.
Help with applying
- Guide to registering to apply for a school place (step one).
- Guide to making an admissions application following registration (step two).
Allocation of places
All Liverpool schools follow the co-ordinated admission arrangements and equal preference scheme to allocate places in primary and secondary schools.
The purpose of co-ordinated admission arrangements is to ensure parents receive a single offer of a school place for their child on the same day.
- Co-ordinated admissions arrangements for Community Primary Schools 2017/18.
- Co-ordinated admissions arrangements for Community Secondary Schools 2017/18.
- Co-ordinated admission arrangements for Community Primary Schools 2018/19.
- Co-ordinated admission arrangements for Community Secondary Schools 2018/19.
Get Email alerts about schools