Get help with school admissions
Help with choosing a school
You will find everything you need to make an informed decision about a school on our Find a school pages but here are several other sources that you can use to find out more:
- Most schools have open days which you can attend. You can contact the school directly to find out when these are held.
- All schools must have a prospectus which gives more information about the school. You can request a copy from the school.
- You can request support if your child has special educational needs.
- The head teacher of the school can provide advice.
- If you are unable to apply online, paper forms are available. Please contact us.
- Download the Primary school admissions booklet 2017/18.
- Download the Secondary school admissions booklet 2017/18.
Help with applying
- Guide to registering to apply for a school place (step one).
- Guide to making an admissions application following registration (step two).
Allocation of places
All Liverpool schools follow the co-ordinated admission arrangements and equal preference scheme to allocate places in primary and secondary schools.
The purpose of co-ordinated admission arrangements is to ensure parents receive a single offer of a school place for their child on the same day.
- Co-ordinated admissions arrangements for Community Primary Schools 2017/18.
- Co-ordinated admissions arrangements for Community Secondary Schools 2017/18.
- Co-ordinated admission arrangements for Community Primary Schools 2018/19.
- Co-ordinated admission arrangements for Community Secondary Schools 2018/19.
Get Email alerts about schools