Special Educational Needs (SEN) schools
Please see our Special Educational Needs pages for more information.
Junior school applications
If you are applying for a Year 3 place in a Junior school in Liverpool you need to contact the school directly.
View schools in Liverpool
University Technology Colleges or Studio Schools
University Technical Colleges (UTCs) are the best-known model of technical academies. They specialise in subjects that need modern, technical, industry-standard equipment – such as engineering and construction – and teach these disciplines alongside business skills and the use of ICT.
Studio Schools are innovative new schools for 14 to 19-year-olds, delivering project-based, practical learning alongside mainstream academic study.
To help you make an informed decision about whether apply for a University Technology College (UTC) or Studio School you can:
- Attend an open day or open evening to find out more about the school or college.
- Access a prospectus which gives more information about the establishment.
- Contact the Head Teacher for more advice.
- Speak to the Pupil Admissions Team, who can answer queries on 233 3006.
- View information on the Department for Education website about University Technology Colleges, Studio Schools and admissions.
The Studio School
Admission number Year 10 – 75 places
Address: c/o North Liverpool Academy, 120 Heyworth Street, L5 0SQ
Tel: 0151 260 4044
Liverpool Life Sciences - University Technical College
Admission number Year 10 – 200 places
Address: 41 Greenland Street, L1 0BS
Tel: 0151 230 1320
Low Carbon and Super Port - University Technical College
Admission Number Year 10 – 150 places
Address: c/o The City of Liverpool College, Learning Exchange, Roscoe Street, L1
Tel: 0151 252 3535