Keeping you safe
Liverpool Safeguarding Adults Board (LSAB)
Under the Care Act, every local authority must set up a Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) for its area.
The Liverpool Safeguarding Adults Board is chaired by the Director of Adult Services and Health and consists of senior officers from agencies across the city.
Its main objective is to help and protect adults with care and support needs who are at risk of, or experiencing abuse or neglect. The board must:
- publish an annual strategic plan. This sets out how we will meet our objectives, and how our members and partner agencies will contribute to the work of the Board.
- publish an annual report. This describes the work we have done, how effective our work was, the challenges and what our priorities are for the coming year.
- arrange Safeguarding Adult Reviews (SARs) of serious cases in specific circumstances as outlined in the care and support statutory guidance. The purpose of a SAR is to learn the lessons about how professionals and organisations worked together and to consider how the learning can be used to improve practice for others in the future.
Priorities for 2021-2023
We will work together with partners, organisations and our communities so that adults can live healthy, happy, fulfilling lives with choice and control and safety from abuse and neglect. We will:
- review safeguarding systems, processes and performance
- develop city-wide approaches to safeguarding practice
- learn from experience to improve how we work
First published: 29/06/2021
About this document
A strategic plan for our priority areas for 2021-23 to review, develop and learn. The plan outlines what we are going to do and how we are going to do it.
Structure and governance
The LSAB has effective links with other boards and strategic partnerships including the Health and Wellbeing Board, Team Liverpool, Liverpool Safeguarding Children Partnership and Liverpool Citysafe Board. It also has several subgroups established to deliver the board's work plan to achieve our priorities:
- Performance, Quality Assurance and Audit Subgroup
- Policy, Practice and Procedures Subgroup
- Workforce Development Subgroup
- Safeguarding Adults Review (SAR) Group
- Liverpool City Region Learning Partnership Group