Premises licence: New applications
We can grant a premises licence for a business supplying alcohol or entertainment or late night refreshment, on or off the premises.
Before you apply
Please download and read the guidance notes before you apply. They explain the application process and the supporting documentation you'll need in order to submit a valid application.
If you’re applying as an individual, you must provide proof that you have the right to work in the UK and are not subject to a condition preventing you from doing work relating to the licensable activity – this is applicable to all individual applicants, including those born in the UK. If you do not submit your proof document or share code, we cannot process your application.
You will also need to download and use:
- the notice for advertising the application at the premises and in the local paper
- the consent form that has to be completed by the proposed DPS and attached to any application that includes the sale of alcohol
List of model conditions
We have produced a list of model conditions to help you draft the contents of your operating schedule in your application. The schedule should set out the steps you will take to promote the four licensing objectives if your application is granted.
- You'll be prompted to upload a scanned copy of your plan/s.
- You'll be prompted to upload a scanned copy or clear photograph of the completed Designated Premises Supervisor consent form and, if applying as an individual, you can attach proof of the right to work in the UK or share code.
- On submit, your application will automatically be sent to the Licensing Authority and all the responsible authorities.
- You will be directed to our payment portal to make your payment.
If we don’t receive any representations after the 28-day consultation period, the licence will be granted and we will issue it by email shortly after.
If there is a relevant representation from a responsible authority or interested party, then the application will be presented to the Licensing Sub-Committee for their determination. The hearing for the sub-committee will be arranged within 28 days following the initial 28-day consultation period.