Premises licence: New applications
We can grant a premises licence for a business supplying alcohol or entertainment or late night refreshment, on or off the premises.
Before you apply
If you’re applying as an individual, you must provide proof that you have the right to work in the UK and are not subject to a condition preventing you from doing work relating to the licensable activity – this is applicable to all individual applicants, including those born in the UK. If you do not submit your proof document, we cannot process your application.
Please download and read these guidance notes before you apply. They explain the application process and the supporting documentation you'll need in order to submit a valid application, and provide the notice required for advertising the application at the premises and in the local paper. You will also need to include:
- a plan of your premises with the application.
- a consent form that has been completed by the proposed DPS. Download the DPS consent form.
How to apply
- You'll be prompted to upload a scanned copy of your plan/s.
- You'll be prompted to upload a scanned copy or clear photograph of the completed Designated Premises Supervisor consent form and, if applying as an individual, you can attach proof of the right to work in the UK.
- On submit, your application will automatically be sent to the Licensing Authority and all the responsible authorities.
- You will be directed to our payment portal to make your payment.
- Download and complete the application form and DPS consent form.
- You must then send a copy of your application, plans and DPS consent form and, if applying as an individual, proof of the right to work in the UK to the Licensing Authority and all the responsible authorities. You will find each address on pages 11 and 12 of the guidance notes.
- You can pay the application fee online via the link below. You can also pay over the phone by calling 0151 233 3015.
If we don’t receive any representations after the 28 day consultation period, the licence will be granted and we will issue it by email shortly after.
If there is a relevant representation from a responsible authority or interested party, then the application will be presented to the Licensing Sub-Committee for their determination. The hearing for the sub-committee will be arranged within 28 days following the initial 28 day consultation period.