Children and families

Make a request for SEND support

Your child does not need an SEND diagnosis for you to receive support.

In most cases, class teachers will address your concerns and go through your options. This may include talking to the school's Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO). 

If you have spoken to the school but would still like further advice and support then please contact Liverpool and Knowsley SENDIASS on 0800 0129066.

All contact is confidential except where you agree to let SENDIASS talk to other agencies on your behalf, or if a child is at risk.

How do I know if my child has a special educational need?

SEN covers a broad spectrum of difficulty or disability. A child might have difficulty with a particular area of learning, such as letters or numbers. Others might have a problem relating to other children, or adults. In general terms, a SEND includes children with:

  • learning difficulties
  • speech and language difficulties
  • sensory impairments
  • physical disabilities
  • neuro-developmental conditions which impact behaviour, such as ADHD
  • social and communication difficulties, such as Asperger's and Autism

Remember, if you are worried or have concerns, just get in touch.