Children and families

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school travel pass: Duplicate application

If you have been issued a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school travel pass, but the original has been lost, stolen or damaged you can apply for a duplicate pass below. If your child is not a SEND pupil, please use the standard duplicate travel pass application.

You can do this online, or pay by debit or credit card at any One Stop Shop.


The fee for a replacement Merseytravel pass is £10, and £25 for an Arriva pass.

Please note: We cannot refund the fee if you find the original pass or decide you no longer need a replacement.

Apply online

1. Pay first

You must pay the fee online before you apply as you will need to quote your payment reference when you apply.

You'll be asked to select either an Arriva or Merseytravel travel pass. Once you've done that the cost will automatically be displayed.

Remember to make a note of your payment reference number.

Pay online

2. Apply

When you have made your payment, you can apply online below - you will need to enter your payment reference number.

Only use this form if your child is a SEND pupil and your request is for a SEND duplicate travel pass.

Apply online 

Read our privacy notice which tells you how we use your data.

We can only process applications once we have received the payment.

What happens next?

Once we have received your application and payment, it may take up to 10 days to process.

We will let you know when the replacement pass is ready for collection.

If you have not heard from us after 10 days, you can email for an update, quoting your child's name and date of birth.