Councillors & committees
Mayor of Liverpool
Joe Anderson is the Mayor of Liverpool.
The mayor is elected by the residents of Liverpool for a four-year period and is responsible for the council's executive functions and the day-to-day running of the organisation. These include leading the city, building investor confidence and directing new resources to economic priorities.
As mayor, Joe has an ambitious plan for Liverpool: a strong and growing city, built on fairness.
The Inclusive Growth Plan is the Mayor's vision to make Liverpool one of the best cities in the world; a city that is known for its creative reinvention, passion, resilience, and its commitment to community and fairness.
The mayor chairs the cabinet which is made up of nine members appointed by him with defined responsibilities or 'portfolios'.
Listed below are the councillors, alongside their cabinet roles.
Click on a councillor's name to find out more about them - including their surgery times, attendance record and contact details.
- Ann O’Byrne - Deputy Mayor.
- Wendy Simon (Assistant Mayor) Culture, Tourism and Events.
- Nick Small (Assistant Mayor) Schools and Education.
- Steve Munby - Highways and City Services.
- Lana Orr - Skills and Employment.
- Frank Hont - Housing.
- Emily Spurrell - Community and Safer Neighbourhoods.
- Barry Kushner - Children’s Services.
- Paul Brant - Health and Adult Social Care.