Homeless or at risk
At risk of becoming homeless
There are a variety of reasons that may mean you are at risk of becoming homeless. These include:
- Difficulty paying your mortgage or rent.
- A breakdown in your relationship with your parents or partner which means you can no longer live with them.
We provide a Housing Options Service which will help you deal with these and other problems, and help you remain in your home.
The Housing Options Service is on the first floor of St John’s Market, Elliot Street, St John's Precinct, L1 1LR and is open Monday to Friday 9-5pm. Please arrive by 4.45pm to be seen by a member of the team that day.
You can also visit any other One Stop Shop in the city. A customer service adviser will contact the team on your behalf to arrange an appointment for you.
What can we do for you?
If you are referred to the Housing Options Service a prevention officer will offer help in a number of ways.
You may be offered one or more of the following:
- Specialist mediation to help resolve family disputes.
- Help to prevent or reverse illegal evictions.
- Support in court to prevent possession proceedings.
- Sanctuary from domestic violence.
- Help with bidding on PropertyPool Plus.
- Support with moving.
- A homelessness assessment to find out if you qualify for long-term housing support.