Homeless or at risk?
At risk of becoming homeless?
Our Housing Options service may be able to help you if you think you could lose your home within the next 56 days (eight weeks).
To get help from us, you must also qualify under immigration rules - this means that you must be:
- a British or Irish citizen
- an EU citizen working in the UK or with the permanent right to live in the UK
- allowed to claim benefits in the UK if you are from outside the EU
We will work with you for up to eight weeks to you prevent you becoming homeless and a further eight weeks if you do lose your home.
For the time being, appointments are online or by phone. Please see Housing Options for more information and to submit a referral.
When you speak to us
You will need to provide information that supports what you tell us. This might include:
- proof of identity or immigration status
- an eviction notice
- proof of any medical conditions
- a GP’s letter that proves you are pregnant
- your last 5 year address history